Friendly Bench – A Case Study
- Evidence – feedback from community engagement raised the issue of social isolation in Barnstaple
- Community Action workshop held by NDVS in 2018 highlighted social isolation as a major issue
- Issue raised at meeting in July 2019 and library supervisor suggested funding a friendly bench in centre of Barnstaple as a starting place.
- Working group set up including library, NDVS, Barnstaple Town Council to investigate.
- Action plan devised to look for funding, location, and additional support from other organisations
- Expression of interest submitted to The Friendly Bench Company who have funding. NDC investigating locations.